Chicago Teacher Residency™ Eligibility
We look for candidates that are invested in education, dedicated to doing good, and committed to their own personal growth. Chicago Teacher Residents not only pride themselves on their resiliency and grit but on their passion for the work.
Minimum Requirements to Apply
Residents may borrow from federal student loan programs such as Stafford (up to In order to be eligible for admission to the 2018-19 Residency, candidates must:
- Receive their Bachelor’s degree by June 2018
- Have a preferred GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in the last 60 hours of university coursework
- Be a U.S. citizen, national, or permanent resident
- Have course credits that meet the Illinois content requirements for their desired grade level/content area
Who We Look For
AUSL seeks individuals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences who:
- Are passionate that all students deserve a quality education
- Have no formal training in education
- Are committed to working with students and transforming educational outcomes
All candidates are required to take and pass the Test of Academic Proficiency (TAP), as well as a content area test, before the start of the program. Candidates are not required to register or test prior to submitting their application but are encouraged to begin preparing.
The Illinois State Board of Education allows candidates to use their qualifying existing ACT/SAT score in lieu of passing the TAP.
Upon admission into the Chicago Teacher Residency Program, candidates will have access to the following testing supports and resources:
TAP “Boot Camp” Sessions
Registration Link Coming Soon
At DePaul University or National Louis University. For more information contact the recruiting office:
Email or 773-534-0397