Master of Education In Urban Teaching
Designed for early-career teachers with coursework that will prepare you to teach in high-need schools within urban communities in Chicago. Residents develop skills anchored in best practices to support students who must overcome challenges such are poverty, trauma, achievement and opportunity gaps.
Who We Look For:
• Licensed teachers seeking career advancement
• Passion for teaching in urban communities
• Embodies a growth mindset
• Desire to promote diversity in learning
• Interest in joining a dynamic and diverse professional network
Why Get a M.Ed. In Urban Teaching?
Hear Leigh Mason's Master's in Urban Teaching Story
Not only did she gain another year of student teaching experience with the Master’s in Urban Teaching program through the Chicago Teacher Residency, but she gained rewarding experience working with kids in need.